On Tuesday, November 07, 2006 11:28 PM [GMT+1=CET], Robin Rugg <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Harold,
>
> Many thanks for this.  Very helpful.
>
> Totalise means to me to click at the bottom of a column of numbers,
> and then on the Icon , will then show the total of that column.  In
> Excel, the Icon is a backward Z.
Ah.

InCalc, go to the View menu and click Formula Bar. A new tooolbar will appear.
It has the upper case Sigma (Greek S) icon which is standard mathematical
notation for Sum. You can use it in exactly the same way as you describe for
Excel (you may need to hit the Enter key after clicking the icon to see the
numeric result instead of the actual formula Calc inserted). Clicking the icon
is simply a shortcut way of entering the SUM formula.

Harold Fuchs
London, England