Learning open office. I too used ms office for years
and find open office more intuitive. But if you are
used to MS office, oo is quite different. Remember how
in MS you chose the app  you wanted, wheras oo writer,
when click file new, prompts to choose databas,
presentation, spread sheet etc. I find that easier
than MS. But, if you are having trouble lelarning it,
I wqould suggest starting with one app such as the
word processor or secondarily the spreasheet if u used
excell a lot.

It is not difficult but does take some time playing
around with it. If you were not profoficient in
access, since that was the most difficult program in
ms office to master, I would learn the easier aps
first.

Teaching people to use office apps and navigating in
xp was a major part of what I did in my small company
and still do to a degree, but that is pretty hard
online.

I do not know oo thouroughly yet but find I like it
much more than office. Still, since pcs were hard for
me as a beginning pc user, i have many times walked in
the shoes of those lelarning a new app and needing
detialed yet not overwhelming info.

Laura

http://bizdev.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=763