If all you're looking to change are your document files, you can open the OOo 2
that you've installed, and open your document files from the "file/open" menu.
OOo 2 should read your OOo1 document files (the ones ending in ".sxw") just
fine, but if you want them in OOo2 format (".odt"), all you have to do is
select "file/save as" and under "File Type", choose "OpenDocument Text" and
save.  Any new document you create will automatically be saved as ".odt".

Now, after I've explained all that, you don't have to change your document
files from the OOo1 format to that of OOo2.  OOo2 should read the old files
just fine without having to turn them all into ".odt" files.  And since you
stick with the default settings, you should be good to go with OOo2.

As a side note, if OOo works at all, you don't have the messed up version of
X11 that everyone's been talking about on this list for the past week.  If you
do have the messed up version, just read through some of the previous e-mails
to this list, and it's a pretty straightforward fix, even for someone who's not
computer literate.

--Benton
geocities.com/beezum88

Time flies like and arrow.  Fruit flies like a banana. -- Groucho Marx