2006/11/14, Jean-Charles Massera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hello again,
>
> I'm using the French version of openoffice for Mac OS X (10.3.9) and
> the French "vérification orthographique" doesn't work (as I said in my
> last e-mail, but I tried the English US one, and it does work
> (spelling, grammar, everything…). Does it mean than the French
> dictionary is still not available on openoffice? Or is there a
> specific problem with Mac OS X users… ?

Please let us know about it…

> Jean-Charles Massera

Dear Jean-Charles

There is an impressive collection of distionaries for OOo, free to be
downloaded from the OOo website. One way to do this is to use the DictOOo
macro that comes with the program. You access it through File > Wizards >
Install new dictionaries. Some people find that this macro takes "too much
space" (or memory), so you can also go to the OOo site and do it manually.

Secondly, OOo will only check text for the language that is defined as
default in Tools > Options > Language settings > Languages - or specified in
diffferent templates, styles, fonts used in the text. Remember that for OOo,
language is linked to character: Format > Character > Font > Language.

Good luck
--
Guy