On Tuesday, November 14, 2006 10:39 PM [GMT+1=CET], Beate (GMX) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi

I am using OpenOffice 2.0.4 and my problem is.

I set up the native language for a document such as english. Why is,
while the spellchecking is in progress, the program switching through
different languages and not keeping the previously set up or even the
system language as standart.
This is very irritating and i had to spend to much time and attention
to the spellchecker that he will not change my text.

thx for you help
B.Paufler
Language is a characteristic of the text. Not all documents are in a single language. OO is designed to handle this. If you want only to check in a single language, go to Tools>Options>LanguageSettings>Writing Aids. There are three panels of options. In the lowest panel there is an option labelled "Check in all languages". If you clear this box OO will only check in the default langauge for the document.

You also need to make sure the correct dictionary is installed. Go to Tools>Options>LanguageSettings>Languages. In the section "Default languages for documents" make sure your language is listed and has a tick with "abc" next to it. Also make sure the box labelled "For the current document only" is not checked. If the tick/abc is not present then your dictionary is not installed. Install it using the wizard: File>Wizards>Install new dictionaries.

Harold Fuchs
London, England