OOo can track changes - edit > changes > record.  These, in the main,
are compatible if the document is stored in .doc format and then
viewed using MS Word.

If you receive a word (.doc) document that has changes tracked, they
appear in OOo based on the options set within tools > options > writer
changes

/paul