In the OOo doc do you see a frame showing that there is supposed to be a pix? If so then open the Word doc clk on the pic to select it and ctrl - C to copy. Then go to OOo doc clk in the frame and ctrl - V to insert. That should do it. If that does not work select the Word pic once again and Save it (desktop ideal as it is found quickly). Then again go to OOo doc and drag the pic from desktop on to the frame.

From: "Wiebe (het Net)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Subject: [users] Pictures do not load from Word XP import
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 11:44:36 +0100

Dear all,

I am using OOo 2.04 and I would like to know if there is a work arround for the problem above. Pictures (GIF and JPEG) from an imported .doc document (XP) do not show in the OOo document. I could not find a direct link that solves this problem. The issuetracker seems to show that this problem is solved.

Thank you.

Wiebe Onvlee
Netherlands.