2006/11/19, CPHennessy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Thu November 2 2006 21:24, + Alessio Cervellin wrote:
>  [ MODERATED ] ***********************
> I've an iMac intel running Mac OS X 10.4.8
> Till yesterday I was an happy user of OpenOffice 1.0.4... but today
> Apple released an update to its X11 component. Well, since this update
> my OpenOffice stopped to work: it just dies right after the splash
> screen is shown.
> I tried to re-install it, with no success.
> Is anyone else experiencing this too?

Everyone who updated to that new release from Apple has this problem. But
it
is easily solved. The problem is that there is a corrupt font file ,
removing
that file will solve the problem. I think that the font is called Vera -
and
it is found some where like /Applications/X11/lib/fonts ( but I am not an
Apple user so that path may be completely wrong).

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only
--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

The newest update for X11 (version 1.1.3) should solve the problem. You can
download it from the Apple website.
--
Guy
using english OOo 2.0.4 on an iMac Panther and on a Powerbook Tiger PPC