On Sun, 2006-11-19 at 11:26 -0500, James Knott wrote:
> Dave Barton wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-11-19 at 10:49 -0500, James Knott wrote:
> >
> >> A while ago, I ordered a copy of " OpenOffice.org 2.x Resource Kit", by
> >> Solveig Haugland.  It was supposed to have been published in June, but
> >> so far doesn't seem to be available.  Has anyone heard anything about
> >> the availability of this book?
> >>
> >> tnx jk
> >>

> > Just checked and Amazon have 5 copies in stock. If you want more details
> > about availability, you could Solveig through her website
> > http://www.getopenoffice.org/contact.html
> >

> Curious.  I had ordered it on a Canadian bookstore's website,
> chapters.ca.  According to them, it's on back order and other info I
> found with a Google search was that it hadn't been released yet.  I just
> checked Amazon and found this:
>
> "OpenOffice.org 2.x Resource Kit (Paperback)
> by Solveig Haugland, Floyd Jones
> List Price:  $49.99
>   Price:  $32.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
> Details
>   You Save:  $17.00 (34%)
>

> Pre-Order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price
> decreases between your order time and release date, you'll receive the
> lowest price. See Details
>   Availability: This title has not yet been released. You may order it
> now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. Ships from and sold by
> Amazon.com.".
>
> So, has it in fact been released?  Has anyone here actually seen a copy?
>

> tnx jk

Sorry James, the Amazon info I gave you previously referred to edition
1.0 of Solveig's book. You are obviously looking for edition 2.x

In the early days of this list Solveig used to be a fairly regular
contributor, but I suspect she doesn't monitor the list any more.

I think your best bet is to contact her [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
get the answer to your question first hand.

Rgds Dave