On Tue November 14 2006 20:03, + Rizwan Atta wrote:
>  [ MODERATED ] ***********************
> I am using version 2.0.4 of OpenOffice.org. My problem is :
>
> Unicode 0759 and 0768 do not change shape properly, when composed with
> other Unicode (for example 0645). These 2 Unicode work properly in MS
> Office if at \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE11, new
> version of USP10.DLL is pasted.
> For Open Office what should I do?

I use OOo 2.02 on Linux, Ubuntu Dapper amd-64.

The low tone mark (decimal 768, hex 300) combines as it should for me.
I do note, however, that with the squat reverse esh (apical retroflex
vowel, decimal 645, hex 285) the tone mark smashes onto the top of the
squat reverse esh so the tone mark is barely visible. Using another
character that is only x-height the tone mark appears properly. IPA
standards allow the use of a diacritic below instead of above when the
character has an ascender. In this case I would consider using a grave
accent below (decimal 790, hex 316). If you need a high tone for the
apical retroflex vowel you can use the acute accent below (decimal 791,
hex 317).

The diacritic you are using for creaky voice (decimal 759, hex 2f7) is
actually a low tilde. It is not a combining diacritic. Try using
decimal 816, hex 330, instead.