On Sun November 19 2006 17:04, Fred Moore wrote:
[snip]
> I elected to support the OO fork of StarOffice.. Novell (suse), Neo, etc.
> forked OO so support is their problem not mine.. Fred
Fred if you follow OOo development you will see that
Novell/Debian/RedHat/Mandriva and others all work on the same patches
(together!!) . This code is slowly merged with the official Openoffice.org
code, where the bottle neck is on the OOo side not the distributors side.
Further to that some of the options are more relevant when you are building a
version of OOo for your own platform where you can specify that OOo should
use the systems version of various libs ( zlib, jpeg, npr, etc) instead of
the ones built into OOo.

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ