Hi Jim

In the open office Impress (Powerpoint) I am looking for a visual tool that works to crop pictures inserted on slide. I know about the one where you
fill in all the information but on powerpoint they also have one the you
just click on points and it crops picture quickly. Is it in some different
location?

It's been a long time since I've used Powerpoint, but in OpenOffice.org the crop button is the last button on the Picture toolbar.

Also is there a way to enable the "ctl d" for duplicating objects, texts
and slide as it is used in powerpoint?

ctrl-C ctrl-V (copy then paste) is so quick, I can't imagine the need for a separate keystroke to have to learn to do it any faster!

Adrian