John Thompson ha scritto:
On 2006-11-22, Sevastian `seva` Foglia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

There is no way to workaround the download as it is Windows itself in
its infinitive wisdom that decides that the application is too dumb to
handle ftp ULRs and so must be protected from seeing them.

I have same problem when I try to open two times the same ODT document from a web site with Internet Explorer. I enabled Use OOo dialogs in Tools-Options-General, but error still persist and IE save document in Temporary Internet File folder.
I receive this error
Object not accessible. The object cannot be accessed due to insufficient user rights.

Have you tried the OpenOffice browser plugin? I don't know if it will work with ftp:// links, but it seems to do ok with http:// links.

I had to disable so_activex.dll (is this OOo browser plugin?) because it didn't recognize files I tried to open from website.
OOo IE plugin showed me dialog to choose filter and then crash!
-S.