Benton Greene wrote:
> I suppose this is really an operating system question, but I used NeoOffice
> for a while before I got fed up with how slow it runs on my computer.  But
> all of my .odt files open by default in NeoOffice and not OOo.  I can change
> the default application for one file at a time, but I have to do it for every
> file, no matter whether I created it in OOo or NeoOffice.  Is there a way I
> can change the default app for every .odt file all at once, and have it stay
> that way?  A way to do that with .doc files would be helpful, too.

1. Yes you can change the application that opens each file, on a
file-by-file basis.
2.  Yes you can install OpenOffice.org and NeoOffice on the same
machine.  Neither program uses the same files as the other.
3. Yes you can change the application that opens every file of a certain
file type.  Cntrl+Click on any file of the type that you want to change,
then click on Get Info.  Click on the Open With and select the
Application you want to use.  If you want to use this application for
all files, click on the "Change All" button.

James McKenzie
Mac OS QA/Test Team Lead