Keith Bates wrote:
On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 22:03:52 -0800
"Michael J. Reude" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've been subscribed to the OOo mailing list for quite some time now. And I've noticed alot of the same type of questions going by and the same answers being written back. While I'm sure it is easy enough to
be robots and just regurgitate information back to people; wouldn't
it be easier and less headache to actually have a bulletin board
style forum setup. It wouldn't be difficult to set up, and would be a
lot easier for people to find and resolve issues on their own.

While I'm sure everyone that is contributing to the mailing list is perfectly fine with helping others out. It just seems to me that the time spent repeating ones self to multiple parties could be better spent, perhaps working on documentation for OOo.

Just a thought.

Ironically, this is one of those frequently asked questions

http://www.oooforum.org/

Keith,

Your reply inspired issue # 72140 "Add links to forums, FAQ, and wiki to mailing lists taglines".

Anyone else who thinks this might be a useful idea is encouraged to visit http://www.openoffice.org/issues/showvotes.cgi?voteon=72140
You must log on to submit your vote.

DougT