On Thursday, November 30, 2006 9:46 PM [GMT+1=CET], Stephen Holsinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Why doesn't the installer allow me to choose where to install the JRE
?  I'm allowed to specify where it unpacks the install files to. I
can choose what path to install to (if I choose custom install).
However, I can't choose where JRE ends up?

I suppose if I wanted to control that I'd have to download a JRE
installer and do it manually?  I'd appreciate at least the option to
choose in the next release.  Although I recognize that for most users
this is not a good idea.
This is a group of volunteers supporting OpenOffice in our spare time. You have a problem with Java. We don't support that other than in terms of its relationship to OpenOffice. Please find the appropriate forum for discussing Java installation issues on your platform. The Sun web site would be a good place to start.

Harold Fuchs
London, England