Dan Lewis wrote:
On Friday 01 December 2006 07:33 am, Pramathesh Ambasta wrote:
I don't want toolbars to suddenly appear, sensing the context. I
want toolbars to be docked always (unless I choose to make them
float). How do I enable this?
Pramathesh

Have you tried the advice in Help. Enter toolbars in the Search box of Help. In its sublist is docking/undocking.
I am also having a problem with a Toolbar which I have to close every time I open OO. If I follow the advice as per the Help menu, it doesn't work. (I'm assuming that by "handle" they mean that little square with the arrow in it at the end.) All I can achieve by clicking on that is a dropdown menu which will allow me to close the toolbar.

I am using OO 2.0.3 on Ubuntu but I am _not_ using the Ubuntu version of OpenOffice.

JimW