Thanks Terry. I am learning alot about computers but some of the "jargon"
confuses me. Anyways, I thought of a compromise solution that seems to work.
Rather than having Quickstarter load with Win98SE in the system tray, I
copied a shortcut of the Quickstarter icon to the quick launch tray at the
bottom left of the screen. When I want to use OO 2.0.4, I click on the
Quickstarter icon in the quick launch taskbar which puts a copy in the
taskbar next to the clock, then I can right click on this icon, then launch
whatever function I want in OO without a splash screen. Thanks for the info
on right clicking the Quickstarter icon.