On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 10:27:17 +0100, Mechtilde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello Charles

eVak . wrote:
I am using version 2.0.4 of OpenOffice.org. My problem is :

How do I password protect an OpenOffice.org Base document?

I saw that you can password protect in other OpenOffice.org products
like Writer and Calc by going to "Save As" and checking the box that
says "Save with password" but that option is not available for Base.

It seems obvious that users would want to protect sensitive databases.

I think if you want to protect sensitive databases you have to use a
database backend which allows a different right management

e.g. MySql, postgresql or others

So if I want a personal database with some sensitive data I would have to install MySQL (or any other free/open database) and then create (or find) a frontend for that? I don't see it as strange to be able to password protect the Base document, like you do with any of the other OpenOffice.org documents. But I take it from your relpy that that isn't possible.

--
/Jonas