On Monday, December 04, 2006 12:47 PM [GMT+1=CET], Nino Pereira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Harold,

thank you: the ISNUMBER function works wonders. With one single
command I have now filled the whole 2-dimensional array with
calculated data, without burps on null entries.

I'll have to get experience with 'dragging' before it works, but since
I now know better how to use the array function I may not even need
it.
<snip>
Glad to hear from a happy customer!

It's worth getting to grips with copy/drag. For example, if you put "Jan" in A1 and copy/drag across you'll get "Feb", "Mar", "Apr", ... in the row. If you use "January" you'll get "February", "March", etc. Or put 10 in A1, 20 in A2, select both cells and copy/drag downwards. You'll get 30, 40, 50, ... If you just copy/drag a cell with 200 in it, you'll get 201, 202, ... There are lots of other inbuilt sequences and bits of intelligent guesswork like this within Calc. Take a look at Autofill in the Help.

Regards, Harold