Alan Frayer wrote:
Michael wrote:
On 12/5/2006 8:40 AM Marc Hug wrote :
Or see <http://download.openoffice.org/2.0.4/> (there is a line for ordering a CD).
Marc H.

I know his inquiry was only for Open Office, but the Open CD Project has Open Office on it,
along with:

[snipped, to avoid redundant advertising]

Yes, but to be fair, the vendors on the distribution list are all Community Members who deserve equal opportunity to be chosen to provide OOo via CD. Rather than single out individual providers, referring inquiries to the distribution page is a more appropriate way to thank these members for their community participation.

The list of distributors is not monitored and the distributors listed are not necessarily reliable.

One user has complained on the forum recently about paying for a cd that was never delivered. The vendor's website has now vanished.

I would accept a personal recommendation from another user a long way ahead of a listing with openoffice.

--

Xfce on PCLinuxOS, OOo 2.0.2 (en_GB).
Direct mail to teaman is not opened; if necessary, email realmail.