On Wednesday, December 06, 2006 1:17 AM [GMT+1=CET], Jim Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Anyone have any problems with conflicts between Microsoft XP (Home)
and OpenOffice.org?  My computer is crashing and my tech wonders if
there is a problem with OOo.
thnx
James P."Jim" Lynch
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(H) 540-775-7002; (cell) 540-273-2829
(Note: I use an agressive spam catcher)

What is the *exact* nature of the crash? What *exact* error message(s) do you get? Under what circumstances; for example, immediately after starting OpenOffice, or after doing something in Calc (what); ? In other words, please describe *exactly* what brings on the crash.

Which version of OpenOffice are you using? Look in Help>About and find the number, *below* the headline, with at least two dots in it. The latest version is 2.0.4. If you have anything else, please upgrade. If you have version 1.x, uninstall it (Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs) before installing 2.0.4. If you have 2.x then 2.0.4 will happily overwrite it; exit Quickstarter (grey icon in System Tray) first..

Did your computer start crashing immediately after you installed OpenOffice or did you use the program for some time before the crashes started?

Harold Fuchs
London, England