Vincent A Juliano wrote:
Thank you all , I have been successful in changing .sxw files to .odt.

Now I have many files that are ending in (TXT) . Some end in (TXT) (RTF) and still others in wpd RTF and a few in .htm. I brought (my son) brought these over when I changed from PC to Mac. I have a Mac Power G5. Using Panther.

Since I'm computer illiterate perhaps I'd best give the complete version of what I'm trying to do. These files are located in MacIntosh HD>Users>Recipes>Recipes and in this location are the files that have the endings listed above. What can I do to change them to .odt?

You don't need to change them, especially .txt files, which can be opened by a text editor. .rtf files can probably be opened by a range of applications as well; I never come across them.

If you want .odt versions, open the files with Writer and use File >Save As.

--

Xfce on PCLinuxOS, OOo 2.0.2 (en_GB).
Direct mail to teaman is not opened; if necessary, email realmail.