Marc, Isn't that your answer? If you want the choice of a language for the interface, you have to install that language pack.

If you want the choice of several languages, you will need all the relevant language packs, AFAIK.

Did you get the Norwegian dictionary with the language pack? I know there is a spell checker file, which is probably the same as a dictionary. I've never installed one, just unpacked it so I could answer someone's question.

Marc Hug wrote:
Terry,
if you find out the way you can obtain to choose the language of the interface, please tell us. I downloaded the Norwegian language pack, and obtained the result that for the interface, Norwegian is now offered. That was not my real purpose. What I wanted was to obtain the choice between several languages.
Marc H.

Terry a écrit :

If you have the language pack installed for another language, I believe you can change the interface to the other language.

Language packs may or may not include a dictionary as well. There is just so much waffle around this whole subject that I forget what I'm looking for before I find it.

Language packs are available from http://oootranslation.services.openoffice.org/pub/OpenOffice.org/

The Spanish OpenOffice site is http://es.openoffice.org/

Marc Hug wrote:

I do not think that you can use the same version alternatively in Spanish and in English. I tried to change my French version into English or German. All I was able to obtain was the spell check in these languages. I hope someone else will give you better advice.
Marc H.

herbert bustamante a écrit :

Yo quise descargar el openoffice en español, sin embargo se descargo en ingles, a pesar que decia en español. ¿como puedo cambiarlo a español?

Herbert Bustamante L.
Av. linea Electrica 11, 6º4º
Cornella de Llobregat
Barcelona España

--

Xfce on PCLinuxOS, OOo 2.0.2 (en_GB).
Direct mail to teaman is not opened; if necessary, email realmail.