On Sunday 10 December 2006 10:15 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> i am not a subscriber to this list. CC
> thank you at least for your reply.
> you are of course right that my previous email was out of
> frustration anger and genral dissapointment with open office org.
> my first complaint was that i had too many clicks to reach the
> finnal doan load , unpack files and reg, before i could open up and
> try what open office was like.
> secondly when opening my exel files i continualy received a warning
> that marcos were unsafe, and to turn them off before i could open
> this file. this did not happen before!
> when sending email the receiver could not open them as they were
> ODF files, as these files were sent clean direct from ' open
> office'  and not from microsoft offic.
> now can you see were my frustration anger is coming from. for i was
> told that open office was as good as microsoft and ready to use.
> then when i have had enough i find i cannot uninstall and when idid
> try microsoft method it still left files behind and maybe some i
> dont know about.
> it would be better if you had supplied a clean uninstall method and
> then maybe i would not be so angry with this product this product.
> 'thanks for nothing'  is a sarcastic remark but i feel justified in
> making it.
>
> mike rogers
> M's service
> i am not a subscriber to this list 'CC'.

<snip>
     Let me see if I got this right. When I went to the OOo web site,
it took five clicks to begin the downloading process. That does not
seem excessive to me, but that is only my personal opinion. But since
I have used OOo for several versions, perhaps I understand better the
reason for each one of these clicks.
     Most viruses are macros. For that reason, OOo checks every
document it opens for macros. A warning box pops up if there is one.
That is when you are given a choice as to whether you want to permit
the macro to run or not. This is strictly for your protection. It can
be annoying. But I would rather have to click the warning box to run
a macro I want than to have a malicious macro run and create havoc to
my computer files. It is an extra measure of security. There is a
small checkbox in the warning box will allow you to not show this
warning box again. Check that box, and it ends these warnings.
     When I look at my copy of OOo, I find
File > Send > Email as Microsoft Word. This allows me to send an email
to someone directly from OOo in MS Word format. Did you miss this
feature?
     Is it possible that you thought OOo would work just like MS
Office? This could definitely lead to frustration as there are some
differences. In fact, there is an entire guide written on how to
migrate from MS Office to OOo.