On Monday 11 December 2006 12:38 am, Joe Jacobs wrote:
> Dear Sir / Madam,
>
> My daughter is studying at the University College of London and she
> uses Open Office on her computer.
>
> She needs to send me files by email to me in South Africa in Word
> format so that I can open them on my computer. I cannot open .odt
> files.
>
> Please help.
>
> Thank You,
> Joe Jacobs.

     If she is going to be using OpenOffice.org for college, perhaps she could
benefit from the Guides available at
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/
and possibly individual chapters available at
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors2/.
     File > Send > Send as Microsoft Word  will send the email in MS Word's
format.
     There is another solution to this problem. Install OpenOffice.org on both
computers. Then documents could be sent both ways in the .odt format. The only
cost involved in downloading and installing OOo is the downloading cost if you
pay for your Internet time by the minute or hour.

Dan