On Mon December 4 2006 18:24, + Sue Powers-Bellew wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We have posted some .xls files on a server for people in our company to
> download & use as templates.  However, when they click on the download (&
> the PC is set to automatically open downloaded files) they get a broken
> link.  Is there any way to let Calc open these files from within IE?  I
> know they can save the file & then open it, but it would be simpler to just
> download & open.

What exact error message do they get for a "broken link" ?
Is the web server reporting the correct "content type" for these files ?
When happens if you use the URL for the document directly inside one of
OOo's "File" -> "Open" dialogs ?

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor