James Busser wrote:
Hi,

Using OpenOffice (Sheet) I am trying to copy a grid (14 columns x 13 rows) of information from an Excel (Mac) spreadsheet and Paste Special (just the values) into another Excel(Mac) spreadsheet. The data includes calculated results, dates, text strings.

I want to Paste Special in Sheet, so I can remove any dependence on the original data, but I want to keep the formatting and results of calculations. However the only way that I seem able to do it is by having to check-box the Link option which gives me dependence of which I sought to rid myself!

Sort will not work on any selection within this pasted data. How can I sort?

For now I have had to do my Paste Special inside an Excel document, save that document, then open it in OO and because Sheet is then seeing and working with unreferenced (raw) data is will sort in the ay that I want it to.

I don't know if these are Mac-specific problems, I am using a new MacBook (Intel Core Duo) 10.4.8 with OOo_2.0.4_MacOSXIntel_install.dmg under X11.

The way it should work is with Paste-Special, de-select "Paste All" and select everything below it except Formulae (? Formulae ¿ ) (which means Formulas; it's Latin and, maybe, Aramaic) and anything else you don't want to paste.

Is that what you've done?

--

Xfce on PCLinuxOS, OOo 2.0.2 (en_GB).
Direct mail to teaman is not opened; if necessary, email realmail.