From: Dan Lewis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 10:11 PM
To: users@openoffice.org
Cc: Lovesh Vashist
Subject: Re: [users] RE: [ooo-announce] OpenOffice.org 2.1 Is Here

     Please do not sent the same email to multiple mailing lists.
     Have you tried using Datapilot in Calc. From what others have
said, it does many of the same things that  pivot tables provide.
Perhaps if you had asked this question earlier on this mailing list
(users@openoffice.org, you would have been given instructions on what
to do.
     Have you read the Calc section of the User's Guide or any of the
chapters on the Calc Guide? Both are available at
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals. You might have wanted to
look at the Migration Guide.

Dan

On Tuesday 12 December 2006 07:14 am, Lovesh Vashist wrote:
> Hi Louis - Thanks for this update.
>
> I had recently very enthusiastically downloaded the "then" latest
> version of open office suite of products - fully aware that I will
> have to spend time to reorient myself away from MS Office suite of
> products. However, I was disappointed to find out that some simple
> features, for example, pivot tables were missing and this forced me
> back to MS Office.
>
> When do we expect to have these functionalities built in?
>
> With warm regards
>

> Lovesh
> Muscat, Oman

<snip>