Thankyou.

Carol Wonfor
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Lewis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 5:32 PM
Subject: Re: [users] [moderated] Install Writer Only

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 06:33 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Thankyou for that information and do you think a lap top has enough
memory for it? is it a big program? after having to send it back
for a new hard drive when I don't use it a lot I am so afraid of
messing it up. Also will the spell checker work with outlook
express? as I don't know how to get Outlook.

Thank you for your patience.
Carol Wonfor

If your computer is only a few months old, it should have enough memory. However, you did not say how much RAM (memory) your laptop has. On Windows XP Home, OOo will run on 256 MB of RAM, but 512 MB would be better. As far an email client, Mozilla's Thunderbird seems to work quite well on Windows XP and it has its own spellchecker. It possibly has other abilities that OE does not. Howver, if you want to stick with OE, there are very inexpensive programs available on the Internet which will work as an OE spellchecker. Thunderbird is available at www.mozilla.org, and it is a free download.

Dan