Hi all,

I just installed SUSE 10.2. The Online Update config did not find the
'drives' in the URL in Switzerland (TU-Wien) it automatically configured
at installation. I deleted the Installation resources and entered those
on the openSUSE site: http://en.opensuse.org/Mirrors_Released_Version
for the servers nearest to me (Germany). Then it worked.

I started the the Yast Online Update (after running the Online Update
Configuration) which suddenly went to a source in Russia?

http://ftp.chg.ru/pub/Linux/SuSE/suse/update/10.2?alias=SUSE-Linux-10.2-Updates

Why that? Where did it come from? It wants to update a flash plugin ...
(which I stopped till I am sure, even if there was a flight of files
flying through the Online Update Config with some certificates ??...)

Sometime ago such .ru URL's were viewed as risky. Is this source safe?
On the official Mirror List above, only ftp://christ4you.ru/ is listed
for Russia.

?:-/

Al