Hi, all-

I have just installed OOo v2.0.4 on a Windows XP box. I have created a
two-slide presentation in Impress, and already I'm in trouble. It's
impossibly slow.

My first slide has a sequence of about ten images which successively appear,
using "custom animations". Each image is about a megabyte in size. The
second slide is just a background.

The presentation file is now about 66 Mb. It takes about 20 seconds to open
or save.

The main problem is that Impress is now very slow to respond to mouse
clicks - perhaps a few seconds with an hour-glass before I see any response.
Clearly, it's not going to work for me the way things are now.

I could make my images smaller before I insert them, but that's going to be
a lot of work. Is there anything else that might allow Impress to work at a
useful speed?

Regards

Peter