From: Abdul Salaam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: users@openoffice.org
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 00:23:52 -0600
Subject: Find/locate feature does not work in the Word Processor

I have just re downloaded and re-installed the Open Office word processor
only.  I did so because I am unable to get the Find function to operate.
The Find window opens when called upon but no matter what I type in the
Find box it always give me the answer, "search key not found".  What's
the reason for that and how do I correct it?   That is not true of any of
the Microsoft Word documents.  There the feature works well and I have
this very large file  (:I'm writing a book) that somehow or other is just
an Open Office document and that's not good for what I'm about.  My
intent was just to try out the program (and it generally works well) but
I would rather have the file as a Word document. (I have Microsoft Office
2000). I have found in many cases when I change a document or save one it
will ask if I want to save it as a Word or Open Office document. That's
not true of this large file. It now saves only as an Open Office document
Can I convert it to a Word File?

Thank you for your help

Abdul Salaam