On Friday, December 22, 2006 12:36 AM [GMT+1=CET], Philip Spray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Basically the document is a straight book but I want variable headers
like a dictionary.  I have changed over to individual files for
chapters/sections. Now I want to make it do the page numbers right.
-- Phil
I think you should investigate Master Documents. With a Master Document, each of your chapters will become a sub-document and, as far as I know, can have its own headers/footers etc. but you can have the page numbering cross the chapter boundaries, which I think is what you want.

Harold Fuchs
London, England