OK, NeoOffice installs the dictionary.lst file in ~/.openoffice.org2/ user/wordbook. Once I open it, I see the following:

# 07/17/2006 20:40:26
# 07/17/2006 20:40:33
# 07/17/2006 20:41:07
DICT el GR el_GR
HYPH el GR hyph_el_GR
# 07/17/2006 20:46:39
# 07/17/2006 20:47:14

Now, in this setup, NeoOffice works fine (and so does OpenOffice.org 2.0), but mine is a PowerPC Mac, not an Intel. My friend's Mac is Intel, and I haven't had the chance to confirm the file locations there, although I have no reason to suspect they are placed elsewhere. I'll check and post back.

Anyone cares to interpret for me how the above text from dictionary.lst shows that the files are installed in the correct dirs?