On Sat, 2006-12-23 at 11:54 +0000, Harold Fuchs wrote:
> Better. You can highlight up to three separate exact values by using
> conditional fomattting.
>
> 1. Create a new style called, say, YellowBackground which, as its name
> implies, has its Background attribute set to yellow. This style can be
> saved so you don't need to create it each time.
> 2. Select the cells you want to search.
> 3. Go to Format>Conditional Formatting; you will be given the
> opportunity to set the style for up to 3 values based on the (exact)
> value of the cell (or on various other conditions). So, for each of
> the (up to) three values, enter the value and set the style to
> YellowBackground.
> 4. The cells having the chosen value(s) will appear with yellow
> backgrounds.
>
> The highlight can be reverted with a single Edit>Undo so that you can
> find different values without confusing things.
>
> Harold Fuchs
> London, England

You can extend this approach to highlight any number of matches by using
the STYLE function and multiple sheets/ranges.
Create 3 sheets - Data(containing the original data)
                - Criteria(containing a column of values to be found)
                - Results(to identify matches)

Import the data range into the data sheet, for this example I have
started at cell A1.

Enter the numbers to search for in the Criteria sheet, in this example I
have used column A

Enter the following formula into the results sheet and copy it to match
the range occupied in the Data sheet.
=IF(ISNA(MATCH(Data.A1;Criteria.$A$1:$A$50;0));Data.A1
+STYLE("default");Data.A1+STYLE("yellow"))

This should fill the Results sheet with the original data, highlighted
where it matches the criteria.

Barrie