Keith Bates wrote:
Using OOo 2.1, linux, Debian testing, Gnome.

I have this printing weirdness happening that has just started. As I
changed to OOo 2.1 at about the same time as getting a new printer, it
might be printer related, but I don't think so as it happens on other
printers also.

On the document at the web location below as soon as I tell it to print
the document is distorted. It appears fine in normal viewing mode, but
telling OOo to print makes it go weirs with frames going to one
character per line and a 2 page document becoming three. The only way
I've found to print it the way it looks is to export it to pdf first.

Here is the original document www.new-life.org.au/Newsheet.odt

Here is the version after I click on "Print"
www.new-life.org.au/Weird_Newsheet.odt

Any ideas about the cause will be gratefully received.

Assuming you're using KDE, define a new printer as kprinter. The command line entry is simply: kprinter

This has been my default printer for sometime, as OO doesn't seem to be able to simply use a system defined printer in Linux like it does 'Bloze. :(

Fred