Thanks for the info.. Yes, I'll wait.  I waited this long.

Vince

Hi Vincent,
On 5 Jan 2007, at 01:43, Vincent A Juliano wrote:

I need to upgrade to OS X 10.4. Will that cause any problems with the operation of OO.2.04? I read of many folks having problems using OO.2 when downloading into OS X 4. Should I have concern? I finally have started to master/coexist with with Open office and I'm afraid to change the balance but I'd like to download CADintosh 5.2.2 and it utilizes OS X 4. Is it worth the risk?
I need to learn CAD.

The problem that people have been having with Mac OS X 10.4, is that they have been trying to install the version of X11 for Mac OS X 10.3, instead of using their install disks and doing an Optional Install of X11. As long as you use your install disk, to install X11, there is no problem.

Also, OpenOffice.org 2.1 is now available that incorporates some important changes. One example on the Mac, is the opening of certain filenames.

There is no risk involved in doing the update, if you follow the instructions on the Mac Porting web site. (I'm using Mac OS X 10.4.8 just now with no issues.)
For download:
http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/download/x11.html
X11 installation:
http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/faq/installing/X11.html

thanks for past help and I hope future help.

vince

Shaun
P.S. Mac OS X 10.5 is just around the corner if you are willing to wait.
http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/index.html
--

___________________________________________________________Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" ñ The Wall Street Journalhttp://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html