On Friday 05 January 2007 1:37 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:
> Is open office compadible with Microsoft office.
>
> What is the cost for your product, and how do I get a disc to
> download it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Renee'
<snip>

     OpenOffice.org is compatible with MS Office but not 100% so.
Complex formating in text documents will not appear exactly the same
in OOo and MS Word.
     There is no direct cost for OOo. It can be downloaded without
cost from http://download.openoffice.org/2.1/. If you have broadband
(cable or DSL), you can download it in about 20 minutes or so.
     However, if you use a 56K modem, we suggest you might consider
getting OOo on a disc. The link above contains a box labeled "Order
OpenOffice.org on CD. Click it to get the list of companies which
will sell you a CD with OOo on it.
     You might also consider looking at some computer magazines as
some of them will have a CD with OOo on it. You could buy the
magazine for the CD if nothing else.

Dan