I'm pretty sure most of us Windows users always "save" a document before trying to "send as" because we have learned to not trust Windows to complete such an operation without crashing and losing the doc before it gets to where it needs to go. Don't care to start over each time Windows flakes out and never sure of the status of the AutoRecovery information, so better to play it safe.

Joe

----- Original Message ----- From: "Arnold Huzen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 8:12 AM
Subject: Re: [users] [moderated] file compatibility

Shaun McDonald schreef:

On 6 Jan 2007, at 11:58, Arnold Huzen wrote:

Why do we keep telling users to SAVE a document as MS-Word and then send it, when it is very well possible to SEND as MS-Word without saving an unneeded copy of the document to our own harddisk??

Arnold Huzen

1. It's stopped working on the Mac again :-( (Well on my machine anyway)
Is this a known issue with the latest version or just your machine?
2. People often use Web Mail
That one sounds reasonable, but often they don't and you can't tell for the individual so it should be mentioned as a way to do things.
3. It is easier to understand
Could be my simple mind, but what difficult with Send>Send as Microsoft .... ?
4. It is more reliable
I've never had any trouble, seems logic to me these functions use the same rendering/converting module
5. It is the same process as sending via other forms of media.
If this was a good argument then we would probable never have started using OpenOffice, Word Perfect was the marketleader once. Different times call for different ways of doing things.
6. Can try and find some more reasons?
Please do, I'm not convinced that this option should not get mentioned as a solution. In the mean time I will also mention the save as method as an option from now on.

Arnold Huzen