On Sunday, January 07, 2007 12:31 AM [GMT+1=CET], Johnny Andersson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi!

I finally bought myself a new laptop. My old desktop (bought in
January 1999) has been a pain for quite a few years now and it was
way to slow for OpenOffice.org 2, so I was limited to OpenOffice.org
1.1.5.

Now however, with 2 GB internal memory, a decided to try
OpenOffice.org 2 again and I also noticed that there is a
OpenOffice.org 2.1 these days, which I downloaded and installed.

I loaded one of my old spreadsheets and saved it as an open document
spreadsheet. I then installed the Swedish dictionaries using the
built in guide. It seemed to work fine.
Since there are a lot of word missing in the Swedish dictionary I
used to add words to my own dictionary each time they came up as
wrong spelled when using OpenOffice.org 1.1.5 on my old machine. So
now I thought that I could just copy my own dictionary file to this
new system, since there are a lot of words in it which I guess I use
often.

First I went to Tools - Options - Language - Linguistics, then
deleted those dictionaries called "sun.dic" and "soffice.dic" or
something like that. Then I added my new one, "egen" (which is
Swedish for "my own"). I also checked the check box for it.

Now I could add my own words in Egen.dic, which I verified. It worked
like it was supposed to.

Since OpenOffice.org 2.1 is quite different from OpenOffice.org
1.1.5, I searched my HDD for a file called "Egen.*" but Windows XP's
search thing didn't find it. Where is it stored? Is it maybe hidden?

After shutting down OpenOffice.org and restarting it by double
clicking that spreadsheet, Egen suddenly wasn't checked at Tools -
Options - Language - Linguistics, so I checked its check box again,
then shut down OpenOffice.organd reopened it again. Same thing again.
I would really
like Egen to be
checked every time I start OpenOffice.org, no matter what application
I open (Calc, Writer etc). I think OpenOffice.org 1.1.5 worked that
way for me before a while ago at my old desktop.

Am I doing something wrong?

I know I asked something like this before, but it wasn't exactly the
same matter and it was OpenOffice.org 1.1.5. This time it is
OpenOffice.org
2.1and maybe
OpenOffice.org 2.0 as well.

Regards

Johnny

Did you try this?
1. Exit Quickstarter
2. Start Writer
3. Install your dictionary and ensure it is checked.
4. Exit Writer

Please let us know if this works. You may also find that Quickstarter interferes with adding new words to your dictionary - they don't "stick" if Quickstarter is running. Personally I have turned Quickstarter off completely. It's slightly slower to start OO but a lot less pain.

Harold Fuchs
London, England