[cross porting to mac list to check that fondu supports these fonts and that the method is correct.
On 6 Jan 2007, at 21:09, Alex Zachopoulos wrote:

I did that, but I invariably got error messages, depending on which font I tried to install. In the 'Select a Font pack' field, I pointed to FreeSans.dfont located at /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Library/Fonts/ and I got the message: "BASIC runtime error. An exception occurred Type: com.sun.star.packages.zip.ZipIOException Message: Bad Zip File.. [OK]" Then I selected the Arial Narrow font and the message I got this time was "Invalid Font pack. Please select another file...[OK]"

A font pack is a set of files that are inside a .zip file.

Did I mention that all these fonts are valid and perfectly working in OS X? In the Finder they show as a few kB each, but in the Select Font Pack dialog in OOo they show as 0 Bytes.

Tips?

Here is the solution for converting the fonts automatically on the next start of OpenOffice.org.
1. Quit OpenOffice.org
2.1 Navigate to the folder:
<user home directory>/Library/Application Support/OpenOffice.org 2.1/user/fonts/
2.2 Delete the following file:
 user_fondu_done
3.1 Locate the OpenOffice.org installation.
3.2 Right (or control) + click the OpenOffice.org 2.1.app icon.
3.3 Choose "show package contents"
3.4 Navigate through the directories:
 Contents/MacOS/share/fonts/truetype
3.5 delete the file:
 system_fondu_done
4. Start OpenOffice.org by double clicking the .app icon
5. You will be asked 2 questions about fonts conversion. Answer yes to both.
6. The fonts should now be available in OpenOffice.org.