On Saturday 06 January 2007 6:24 pm, alex mesch wrote:
> Hi. I'm using OpenOffice.org2.1 to create a newspaper-like
> hobby-related club newsletter. I've attached a copy of what it
> should appear as (Tpage1 in openoffice format .odt). I've tried
> saving it differently for hours with no success; it loses its
> formatting completely. This copy is test2 saved in html format with
> 2 pictures. The final draft has to be in a common format anyone can
> view as an attachment to an email or copied and pasted into a blank
> email. Can You instruct me on how to create and save this properly
> please? Thank You very much! Alex Mesch
>
> GOD loves You and so do I !!! It's a great day for Modelling, enjoy
> it !!!! Please visit the JOHAN website and see what's new
> http://www.johanmodels.com

     First of all, if you are going to create an HTML page you need to
create it using File > New > HTML Document. Then use Frames or Tables
to create the design you want: three sections of the top and two
columns. I have used tables to put things exactly where I want them.
     Secondly, instead of creating it as an *.odt file and then saving
it as an *.html file, why don't you export it as a *.pdf file? I
saved your *.odt attachment, exported it as a *.pdf file, and am
sending it back to you as an attachment.

Dan