El Martes, 9 de Enero de 2007 02:49, Harold Fuchs escribió:
> You can't. You can save documents in PDF format or you can e-mail them
> as PDF attachments without saving them first but about the only thing
> that can edit PDF files is Adobe's software. There are other things but,
> as far as I know, none of them is free.

This question should probably added to the FAQ.

AFAIK, there are two free ways of editing PDF files:

1) Koffice can import pdf files. It will do a nice work on simple files, but
will mess any complex layout. Kword (Koffice writer), uses odt as his default
format, so it should be easy to transport files to openoffice.

2) pdftoppm can convert pdf files into ppm images. Those images can be edited
with any other software like Krita (my own favourite), Openoffice Draw,
Photoshop, etc... There's even a program that automates this for Draw.

http://pdf2oo.sourceforge.net/

None of those options work now on Windows (well pdftoppm does work in cygwin).
The second one will work on a Mac, I'm not sure if KOffice is ported to Mac.
Both will work nice in the rest of the unix-like systems where openoffice is
avaliable.

Javier.