Peter Flynn wrote:
Just picking up on this thread from back in March (and elsewhere),
what I'm looking for is NOT reveal codes -- anyone can get them from the
XML -- but a margin display of the style used against each
paragraph-level object in my document, so I can see at a glance what
named style has been applied and where, without having to select it and
see what gets highlighted in the Style dock.

Word does this in the Normal display if you set the Style Margin Width
to a non-zero value, but OO doesn't seem to be able to show this info
(unless I've missed it somewhere).

///Peter

If you look at the issue 3395, you will see that this has been recommended as a compromise. A descriptor box that is like the reveal codes box on WP. At least you would know what styles were in use at the location of the cursor.

As for looking for the codes in the XML, how do you edit them without knowing all the XML codes. My wife has enough issues with Styles and exporting/copying documents between formats and styles.

--
Robin Laing