----- Original Message ----- From: "Ben Sahijwani" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 2:38 AM
Subject: [users] [moderated] YOU MUST GIVE A SUMMARY HERE

Please help. All my word, excel and power point documents are converted
to open office. Is there way I can convert it back. Thanks,
Ben

Not sure if you mean (a) the data have been converted or (b) the names (actually the extensions) have been changed or (c) the File Associations have been changed.

I suspect (c) - when you installed OpenOffice you probably said yes when it asked if you wanted it to become the default handler for that type of document. Please do the following, once for each type of document (Excel, Powerpoint, Word):
1. Right click the document
2. Choose Open With
3. Select the relevant program from the list of suggestions. If it's not there, use the Browse button to find it and then select it.
4. Select the "Always use this program ..." box
5. Click OK.

If that makes no difference, please ask us again.

Harold Fuchs
London, England