This is caused by your virussoftware that mistakenly thinks the installer is corrupt. Do the following to install openoffice. Remember never to connect your PC to the internet with your firewall and virussoftware disabled!

1. Fysically disconnect your PC from the internet
2. Disable your antivirussoftware and firewall
3. Install OpenOffice.
4. Shut down your PC
5. Reconnect to the internet
6. Startup the PC again.

Usually this works just fine. If you want to be really sure if the installationfile is OK then you could do the MD5sum check. Information on how to perform this check can be found here: http://download.openoffice.org/2.1.0/md5sums.html

Arnold Huzen

Lloyd Brunt schreef:
When trying to install the latest version of OpenOffice on my computer (running WinXP) I get an error message number 1935 and the installation fails.

Can you help please?

Regards, Lloyd