On Thu January 11 2007 11:51, Dan Lewis wrote:
> On Saturday 13 January 2007 1:39 pm, michael lees wrote:
> > When are you going to get it right? From the beginning of open
> > office til now and currently using Suse 10.2 download distro with
> > packaged open office installed.  Setting up envelope will not
> > display
> > #10 envelope size correctly on screen nor will it put address and
> > adressee in a position that will print correctly on #10 envelope.
> > Haven't tried any other sizes.
> > Up to this note I've always kept WindozeXP around and installed for
> > doing envelopes!!!  I also find putting automated numbering of
> > pages on multi-page documents to be a nightmare also.  Why can't
> > you make it as easy as Windoze?  Thanks if you can make my world
> > easier. I thought the purpose of computers and operating systems
> > with their programs was to make life easier...
>
>        I can not answer your question about printing envelopes as I do
> not even have a printer attached to any of my computers.
>        How do you place numbers on pages? Do you use a header or
> footer to put them in? Without knowing how you do this, we have no
> way to tell you how it can be done easier.
>
> Dan

I print number 10 envelopes on my Xerox Phaser 6120 and my Epson CX6600 with
no problems. I am using SUSE 10.0 and OpenOffice2.0.3 Novell Edition. I do
have a problem with #6 envelopes on the Xerox printer but I think it is a PPD
or hardware limitation as it does it under XP and SUSE.  #6 work OK on the
Epson printer.

Are you using the envelope option on Writer?

Sorry I cannot help you more.
--
Russ