Will

I think some notes on transferring files between different environments may
help.

How do I send an OpenOffice document to a user with Word?
Note (1) that the .ODF (open) format that is normally used by OpenOffice
cannot be read by MS Word. However the .doc files produced by MS Word or
WordPad can be read by OpenOffice.
Note (2) that some complex formatting may not be recognised by OpenOffice.
These formatting discrepancies can be caused by the fact that Microsoft has
undocumented features or because the specific feature is copyrighted by
Microsoft so OpenOffice cannot use it.

Procedure
1. Decide on the file type you wish to send. If the recipient needs to edit
the document then send a Word or Excel document. If the recipient only needs
to read the document then send a PDF (Adobe Acrobat) document.

2. Decide if you need to e-mail the document. If you need to e-mail it then
use File>Send> E-mail as Microsoft word or File>send> E-mail as PDF. If you
need to pass the document to the user on a disc, or USB drive or over a
network then use File>Save As> and choose the appropriate file format and
disc.

Thanks

Rob