>      It would be helpful if we know what operating system you are
> using. By mentioning *.bin files, it might be Linux. We need to know
> for sure. How much memory does your computer have? What is your
> processor speed? (CPU speed) Do you have the AutoRecovery set in
> Tools > Options > Load/Save > General? If so, how many minutes between
> saves?
>
> Dan

Dear  Mr. Dan,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

Details are given below,
1) Operating system : Windowx XP Prof edition
2) RAM  : All Machines in the company are haiving 512 MB RAM couple of
exceptions with 256MB
3) Hard disk space varies between 20 to 80 GB almost 10 GB free out of 20
and more space available in 80 GB machines
4) CPU Speed :  Two lower configuration machies are with 1.6 MHz and rest of
them are with 2.4 and 2.6 Ghz speed
5) Processor    : Couple of Celeron Most of them are P4 and centrino laptops
6) Yes, Auto Recovery options are set to true. Autorecovery after every 1
minutes.  I have chaged it from default 15 to 1. Auto Backup option is also
true.
I have attached screen shot my setting for further reference.
Our Network is having around 50 computers in which openoffice is installed.
We are sucessful to solve most of the functional problem of the user but
1) Crash and Recovery
2) Sudden data loss
are our major concern.
Once again looking for some help from you,
Thank you,
Kamal.